Pomegranate Martini Source and Morphology:
The botanical name of the Pomegranate is Punica granataum, belonging to the family Lythraceae.
Pomegranate tree is a short tree and looks like a shrub 0f 5-18 meters.
It consists of ripe fruits reddish in colour with red pomegranate seeds.
Pomegranate Health Benefits:
- It is a powerful antioxidant and very good for heart.
- This fruit helps to fight against breast cancer. Pomegranate juice when taken kills the cancer cells, leaving the healthy cells behind actively.
- This fruits protects the arteries by controlling the plaque levels in the arteries.
- Pomegranate juice helps in reducing the LDL cholesterol levels and raises the HDL levels.
- This juice helps in protecting your teeth against dental plaque.
- This fruit prevents cartilage deterioration.
- This fruit helps in lowering the blood pressure.
- This fruit can be used in some gastrointestinal conditions such as diarrhoea, dysentry, tapeworm and other intestinal worms infections.
- It can be used as a gargle for sore throat.
- It is used to treat stomatitis.
- It can be used for preventing prostate cancer, obesity and weight loss.
- Some women use it to cause abortion.
How to eat a Pomegranate?
Pomegranate is a great source of fiber, potassium and vitamin C.
Lets see how to cut and eat a pomegranate seeds:
- Take a fruit with a thin skin.
- Cut off its crown.
- Cut the skin of the fruit into 4 quarters.
- Soak the fruit in water. It loosens the seeds.
- Then peel off the skin of the fruit and the fruits can be taken easily.
The seeds can be eaten as it is or it can be added to a variety of dishes or pomegranate recipes can be prepared.
The seeds may be grinded into juice.