Hair fall is a common problem now a days which is due to increased stress and pollution on roads. Let us see some simple tips to control hair fall:
- We hear some saying that combing hair when the hair is wet makes our hair loose and easy to comb. But don’t comb your hair when it is wet. Allow it to dry and then comb your hair. Combing the wet hair increases the chances of breakage. So never comb wet hair.
- When you are drying your hair with a towel, do it gently as vigorous rubbing of hair can cause unwanted breakage of hair.
- When you want to comb your hair use a wide toothed comb for detangling the hair. Wide toothed comb reduces the risk of breakage while combing.
- The hair brush and the comb you are using should be washed and cleaned regularly. If you don’t wash your combs regularly dust gets accumulated on them which leads to hair fall.
- Oiling of hair is essential at least once in a week to maintain scalp in healthy condition. Also try hot oil treatment once in a week for preventing the hair fall.
- Try gentle shampoos on your hair to prevent the damage of the scalp. Harsh shampoos may lead in breakage of hair by making the scalp devoid of natural oils.
- Don’t tie the hair tightly. Avoid using elastic or rubber bands as they may strain the roots of the hair.
- Don’t style your hair too often with chemicals as the chemicals are harmful for the hair and scalp.
- For a healthy hair, you need to take a balanced diet. Hair fall may indicate that your body is not getting proper nourishment it needs. So take the food rich in proteins, iron, zinc, vitamins A, B complex, C, E, and Omega-3 fatty acids.