Benefits of Lemon to our Health
Lemon is very beneficial to our health. Lemon juice if taken in lukewarm water early in the morning is useful to correct digestive problems. Constipation problem gets reduced. Lemon juice is a good tonic for the liver.
- Lemon is a good antiseptic so it is used for many skin diseases. Vitamin C in lemon juice replenishes the skin. It also prevents aging of skin and prevents wrinkles. It can also be used for any skin blemishes and burns.
- Lemon juice have antibacterial properties and also cures tonsilitis and other throat infections. For throat pain lemon juice and water can be used for gargling.
- Citric acid is a good natural mouth freshner. It decreases the bad smell caused due to bacteria. It also decreases the bad breath and bleeding gums.
- Lemon juice is also a good medicine for obesity. Weight will be reduced when lemon juice and honey are mixed in warm water and taken in an empty stomach.
- Vitamin C present in the lemon provides immunity.
Nutritive Values of Lemon:
- Energy – 29 kilo calories
- Carbohydrates – 9.32 g
- Fibre – 2.8 g
- Fats – 0.3 g
- Protein -1.1 g
- Vitamin C – 53 mg
- Calcium – 26 mg
- Magnesium – 8 mg
- Phosphorous – 16 mg
- Potassium – 138 mg
- Zinc – 0.06 mg